Monday 5 March 2012

l'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks review and swatches

So whilst out on Saturday I also came across these in Boots; Rouge Caresse Lipsticks from l'Oreal. They're a new product to me and I think they're fairly new to the market. At an immediate glance they reminded me of something like Chanel Rouge Coco Shine's or Dior Addict lipsticks; kind of lightweight, sheer glossy lippies. And that's pretty much what they are.


For swatches of 03 Lovely Rose and 501 Nude Ingenue click here. For 06 Aphrode Scarlet and 07 Cheeky Magenta click here



The shades I picked up were 01 Fashionista Pink, 202 Impulsive Fuschia and 301 Dating Coral.





Fashionista Pink is a very pale sheer milky pink. It tends to cling to lip imperfections because the colour is so light. All it does for me is tone down the colour of my own lips, it doesn't really add anything other than that. If my lips were in better shape than they are at the minute this would be something I'd grab when I'd need a nude lip. 
  

 



Impulsive Fuschia is...wait for it...a bright fuschia! It has subtle blue-purple shimmer that isn't noticable on the lips.







Dating Coral is a muted orange coral with subtle white shimmer that again doesn't translate onto lips.

 



Overall I find this formula to be...irritating. Literally. For me, the glossyness wears off after half an hour or so, and as soon as it does the lipstick becomes very drying. I have read somewhere that these are meant to be moisturising; on me they definitely aren't. The colour lasts for around 2-3 hours before it needs reapplying, but I can't wear this for that long as my lips are very dry anyways; I have to take it off and apply a balm. Maybe if my lips were in better condition I'd be able to tolerate these, but as they are at the minute I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment